Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pinterest

Here are a few things I have found on Pinterest and made:

Date/Weather Board
I whited out my address and phone number in the picture so crazies on the internet don't stalk me : )
I got my months and days from the Dollar Tree just to add a little color. I also added a little cork strip at the bottom so they could add their drawings.


I love this! I picked up the frame and mat at Michaels. I just used scrapbook paper for the background. I used my Cricut for the letters and we just use a dry erase marker to write messages back and forth to each other whenever we feel like it! It hangs in our bedroom.

I had had this frame for years sitting up in my closet. The fabric cost me a little over a dollar. I had to buy some sheet metal for about $5, magnets for about $2, and some spray adhesive for about $3. I love it because I can see all my makeup without having to dig around in a bag for it!

Here is one that I made my mother in law for her birthday:
I had gotten some keys several years ago from Goodwill, intending to make some really cute craft with them...didn't happen. Until now! We sanded down the key, painted it and hot glued magnets to the back. She can use this to put pictures up (those are magnets at the bottom).  I had gotten this frame at a garage sale a couple of years ago for a dollar. We spray painted the frame a nice cream color. I thought it was adorable! I think she did too.

6 comments:

Traci said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

I want to make the magnetic make-up board, but haven't found a frame yet! I LOVE it!!!

Sarah said...

Love love love it! I was just looking at pinterest yesterday, trying to figure it out. You're inspired me.

Kelli said...

Love your calendar board and I really love the I love you because... I am so going to make one! You and Trica really annoy me with your craftiness! ;)

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Alea Milham said...

I love Pinterest too and I love the things you've chosen to make on Pinterest. I think I just followed you on Pinterest by following one of your links. I am http://pinterest.com/aleasleftovers/

Lisa Carter said...

I want to do the I LOVE YOU BECAUSE frame, but I'm confused on the matte for the dry erase words. Can you clarify. Its darling and just whát me and my cute husband would use. Thc