Saturday, August 4, 2012

Biggest Loser Competition


A couple of weeks ago I decided to see if there was any interest in creating a "Biggest Loser" competition here on campus. I figured if there was a reward, then I might be more motivated to actually lose the weight. Turns out there was lots of interest! 
 
I started researching the best way to organize everything, googling 'biggest loser groups" and seeing how others had done it. Here is what we came up with:
-team and individual winners
-weigh-ins every Monday at 8pm
-$10 per person- $5 for winner and $5 for winning team
-we would judge by percentage lost, not weight
-the competition would last 12 weeks

Here are a few "helps" I found. I will be taking optional measurements every 2 weeks and recording them on this Weight Loss Progress Chart. I was also very excited to find this "Biggest Loser Kit" Excel spreadsheet that will calculate the weight loss percentages for me!


At the last weigh in I was in the lead (woo-hoo!), but we still have 11 weeks to go! I have lost 9.5 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 35lbs total or to get to a size 8, whichever comes first!

No comments: