Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the city...



So Kyle had a training in Houston this week and I decided to accompany him. Beckie and Dave were "unable" to keep the boys so a good friend of mine offered to watch all my chil'uns so off I went! Kyle leaves the hotel at about 6:40 every morning and comes back around 5-ish. Needless to say it has been very quiet around here.

I drove over to meet him Monday evening. He had a "dinner meeting" to attend and got back in the room about 8.

Tuesday I read a book and a half (all day) and then we went to the Katy Mills mall after sitting in traffic for an hour and a half and we played glow in the dark putt-putt. Don't know how well you can see in these pictures...it was dark!


Wednesday I ventured out all by myself. These Houston people are crazy drivers! And the one way roads get really confusing. Anywho, I survived. I went to the Museum of Health and Science thinking that since I was not studying my books that I might learn something there. But it was a total waste as it was more suited for elementary students. So back to the hotel I went to wait for Kyle. Did I mention we are on the 23rd floor? VERY high up. That took a couple of days to get used to. So back to Wednesday. Kyle and I braved the traffic once again and headed to Dave and Busters. When we left for the restaurant there was a fire truck and an ambulance in the valet area. We didn't see anything so we didn't think much of it. Well when Kyle went to training this morning the other guys tell him that there was a man that jumped from the 23rd floor and landed in the front end of the lobby! All the hotel room doors open up into an atrium like area and he (supposedly) jumped from the walkway in front of the rooms. There was no sign of anything when we got back from the restaurant and no sign of anything at all this morning but Kyle says the other guys staying here that are also on this floor were (by the police) and everything. He also said that crazy stuff like that happens all the time in Houston and it doesn't even make the news anymore. And I was kind of starting to enjoy it here! Its just so busy and there is tons of stuff to do.

Ok, well that's all I have to say about that! I am headed back early tomorrow morning and I am gonna unpack and clean and pick up the kids and wait for my hubby to get home !

No comments: