I bought Colgate Total Advanced Whitening toothpaste.
- It was $2.99
- I had a coupon for $1.50 off
- I got it for $1.50 and I got $2 back in ECB's (Extra Care Bucks, "money" you can spend on basically anything at CVS)
- So technically I "made" .50 on this deal
I also got a $4 ECB b/c I had a problem signing in on the CVS website and customer service sent it to me.
So today I went back and bought 2 Listerine Smart Rinses.
-They are $3.49 a piece, get $3.49 back in ECB's
- I had 2 coupons for $1 off
- So the total was $5
- I had the $6 in ECB's from yesterday so I needed something that cost a dollar to make it to $6. So I got some gummi bears for .88.
- So the ECB's paid for everything I bought! It didn't cost me a penny!
(They look really small...they are 8.5 oz... but they were free!)And I also got $6.98 in ECBs for my next visit!
The point is to keep "buying" more stuff with ECB's, it will be free or cost you very little out of pocket!
I get all my money saving ideas at Money Saving Mom.